Wednesday, September 18, 2013

THE TWINS REVIEW: Aubrey (April Vance) The Encounters Series #1

Title: Aubrey

Author: April Vance

Series: The Encounters Series

Format: Ebook

Published September 6th 2013 by April Vance

ASIN: B00F0V2BYM
 
Source of copy: gifted by the author April Vance
 
Summary:
 
Warning: This book is filled with adult material and sexually explicit language. 21+

Aubrey likes imagining she's being watched. After an excruciating day at work, the lines between her fantasy and reality start to blur. Will Aubrey be able to tell the difference between her ultimate dream and the truth?

THE ENCOUNTERS SERIES

This series follows the heroines by name. Each of the 26 short stories is dedicated to an encounter or encounters wherein the ladies live out their deepest darkest fantasies. These shorts are meant to allow you a break from your day, to live through the eyes of many women of many backgrounds experiencing a full range of sexual adventures. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I’ve enjoyed writing them.
 
(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)
 
Review:
 
Leann's-
Can you say STEAMY? um... Wow! This book is a really fun read. The author promises a short reprieve and for a brief moment you live through another woman's wildest fantasies. Vance does not disappoint on any level.
 
The story is definitely a short. I typically don't read many shorts. In fact I love long juicy and adventurous series. I always hate when a story ends. I have been know to read the occasional short but usually only if it pertains to a series I am reading. Lisa loves a good short story ( I think she does anyway... She reads a lot of them). So I would say she is the expert on it out of the two of us. However her opinion aside, I love this short.
 
I found although it was brief it left me with no questions lingering. Vance didn't go into a lot of background or details that did not pertain directly to the fantasy she was portraying. This was perfect. The main reason I don't read shorts is I am always left with wanting more and feel frustrated that I will never know what might happen next. Most of the time I would have liked a little background and side characters, but like I said Vance did perfect in this short. I was given the perfect amount of detail and left with no unanswered questions.
 
So for a short I give it....
 
 
 
 
Lisa's-
So I would love to say I never judge a book by its cover, but I can not resist an enticing cover. I must say this cover is very yummy indeed.
 
To say this is a steamy fantasy is an understatement. I love a good erotic short. It drives me nuts at first that Aubery doesn't go for a man and expects them to come to her. I loved that it all changed at the bar, and that the bar leads to the night. It's almost hard to believe except Aubery believes she is dreaming. It makes me want more from the story but at the same time loving the ending.
 
I can't wait to read the next adventure April Vance sends us on.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment