Monday, January 6, 2014

LISA'S REVIEW: Double Feature- Arouse & Allure (Nina Lane) Spirals of Bliss 1 & 2

Title: Arouse

Author: Nina Lane

Series: Spirals of Bliss #1

Format: Ebook

ASIN: B00ATUZ76S

Summary:

"One day I'm going to touch you in a thousand different ways and show you how to touch me," he said.

And he did.

Struggling with a tormented past, undergraduate Olivia Winter once led a practical but isolated life. Then she met Professor Dean West, a brilliant scholar of medieval history who melted Liv's inhibitions and taught her the meaning of both love and erotic pleasure.

But after three years of a blissful, lusty marriage, Liv and Dean now face a crisis that threatens everything they believe about each other as dark secrets and temptations rise to the surface.



(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)
Review:

This book was very difficult to read. More than Once I wanted to slap Live for her poor choices in this story. Dean is not much better. It is a good story and well written, but I was too angry during the book to enjoy it.

Just when I would start to get happy I would get pissed all over because of one thing or another they did. I also hat cliff hanger endings so that was just one more thing to add to my anger. Well written just not for me, but that's not stopping me from reading on to see if there will be a happy ending for Liv and Dean.


Rating:
Check it out on Amazon
Title: Allure
Author: Nina Lane
Series: Spirals of Bliss #2
Format: Ebook
ASIN: B00CRT4ZQ2
Summary:
"We both want this so badly. I can feel it resonating between us like the hot pull of our first attraction, tangible and intense."

After lies and betrayal almost destroy their marriage, Dean and Olivia West reignite their blissful passion. The medieval history professor and his cherished wife are determined to fix their mistakes and fall madly in love all over again.

Then a family crisis forces Dean back into a feud with his parents and siblings, dredging up guilt over a painful family secret. Liv and Dean have battled obstacles together before, but with bitter family conflicts now endangering their fragile intimacy, they soon must struggle with events that could damage them in ways they had never imagined.

(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)
Review:
Ok so it gets better as it goes which is good since I was not fond of the first book. This book still made me angry but I actually like Live and Dean's characters.
This book is a soap opera on paper but it is improving. I hop the next book is even better. I liked getting to know the characters better and meeting Dean's family.
This book has a lot of drama and heartache, so don't go expecting happily ever after. YOu will get more of a real life sucks kinda story here. I am hooked though now and eager to read on. A great improvement and installment to the series.
Rating:


Check it out on Amazon


Limited time!


Amazon Kindle:  http://amzn.to/1avd3w6
Barnes & Noble:  http://bit.ly/1crLLtN
iTunes:  http://bit.ly/1lG1lnC

No comments:

Post a Comment