Thursday, September 12, 2013

LEANN'S REVIEW: The Battle of the Labyrinth (Rick Riordan) Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4

Title: The Battle of the Labyrinth
 
Author: Rick Riordan
 
Format: Hardback
 
Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians
 
Published: March 6th 2008 by Disney Hyperion Books
 
ISBN13: 9781423101468
 
Source of copy: Bought at walmart
 
Summary:
 
Percy Jackson isn't expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears on campus, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to worse.
In this fourth installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe haven of Camp Half-Blood grows more vulnerable by the minute as Kronos's army prepares to invade its once impenetrable borders. To stop the invasion, Percy and his demigod friends must set out on a quest through the Labyrinth - a sprawling underground world with stunning surprises at every turn.

 
 
(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)
 
 
Review:
 
Oh the action has picked up... I wasn't sure how much more it could. Percy and his gang have to head underground this book and meet all new challenges.  I really do love this series.
 
I still say my favorite thing about this series is its mix between classic Greek mythology and Riordan's new and modern twist to Greek mythology. This book is fun and entertaining. Like the books that came before I was sitting on the edge of my seat reading as quickly as I could. I could not wait to find out what happened next! I still can't... anxiously awaiting the next installment of this glorious series.
 
 
Rating:
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment