Sunday, September 1, 2013

LEANN'S REVIEW: Carrier of The Mark (Leigh Fallon) Carrier #1

Title: Carrier of The Mark

Author: Leigh Fallon

Format: Paperback

Published: October 1, 2011 by Harper Teen

Series: Carrier

ISBN: 9780062027870

URL: http://www.leighfallon.com

Source of Copy: Bought at Barnes and Noble




Summary:

Their love was meant to be.

When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRÍs.

But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.



(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)


Review:

     The cover drew me in on this book. For some reason it caught my interest and I am very happy it did. Leigh Fallon captured my attention from the very beginning. I loved the imagery the book portrayed. I found myself as caught up in the story as the characters themselves.

    Megan is thrown into a culture with traditions and rules that no one seems to want to break. A forbidden love.... Everyone loves one of those. At least I know I do.

   Every question they ask seems to bring them more questions. Another new school, new friends, new house and even a new country. But each of the characters is on a mission of self discovery and the author does a fantastic job of developing those characters nicely. 

   With a few twist and turns in the story that kept my interest, I definitely recommend this book to both the YA readers as well as the adult readers.



Rating:
 
 


 

 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment