Sunday, September 8, 2013

LEANN'S REVIEW: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (J. K. Rowling)

Title: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
 
Author: J. K. Rowling
 
Format: Paperback
 
Published: October 1st 1999 by Scholastic Inc
 
ISBN13: 9780590353427
 
Source of copy: Bought at Hastings

Summary:

Harry Potter has never played a sport while flying on a broomstick. He's never worn a cloak of invisibility, befriended a giant, or helped hatch a dragon. All Harry knows is a miserable life with the Dursleys, his horrible aunt and uncle, and their abominable son, Dudley. Harry's room is a tiny closet at the foot of the stairs, and he hasn't had a birthday party in eleven years.

But all that is about change when a mysterious letter arrives by owl messenger: a letter with an invitation to a wonderful place he never dreamed existed. There he finds not only friends, aerial sports, and magic around every corner, but a great destiny that's been waiting for him...if Harry can survive the encounter.



(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)


Review:

I only began reading these stories because my younger cousin was struggling with reading. So I made a bet with her. Whatever she read I would read too and or together. This way I could help her with her assignments and encourage her to improve her reading skills. So I had never picked these books up before because I felt I was too old to read them.

Well I may be too old but oh goodness did I love this book! I had already watched the movies and loved them, but as always the books are always better. I am sure most have already read these books and I am behind. I however do not care this is one experience I will always treasure even if I am a little behind the Harry Potter fad.

These books may be for the youth and I am far from a youth these days but I am a huge fan!!!!


Rating:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment