Tuesday, September 24, 2013

LEANN'S REVIEW: New Beginning (N.L. Echeverria) Fallen Desire #2

Title: New Beginning

Author: N. L. Echeverria

Series: Fallen Desire

Format: Ebook

Published June 15th 2013

Source of Copy: Gifted by the author N. L. Echeverria

Summary:

"For he is my demon, and I am his redeemer"

“New Beginning” is filled with newfound enemies, friendships and loves.

With a renewed outlook on who she is, Lindsay's desperation to save Ethan intensifies as he grows weaker by the day. Saving him becomes her sole mission and she will face anyone who stands in her way. Now with Derrick as her Guardian Angel, Lindsay and her friends seek out answers through the book of "The Redeemer".

When Lindsay's faced by Laurence, a demon who wants her dead, the true power of her abilities are tested. She soon finds many who are loyal to her, including Yolanda, the head of the Fallen Council and lover to Laurence. Lindsay quickly discovers that her urge to seek demons and save them becomes a part of her and something she can’t deny.

A longtime friendship between Derrick and Kim blooms into something much deeper as Kim has waited for this moment for so long. Discover if Derrick’s never-ending love for Lindsay will stand in their way.

Secrets lie behind the unexpected as a love causes betrayal. Follow Lindsay as she finds new friendships and becomes the leader she never thought she would be. When she’s faced with the true evil of a demon her determination to save Ethan guides her.



(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)

 

Review:

 

Ok to start off... I love the cover. I hate to say judge a book by it's cover, but this cover is great!

 

This is the second book in the series and it started off right where the last ended, and oh boy did we have a heck of a cliff hanger on that first book! I couldn't write this review right away. It was a little hard for me to get my thoughts around it.

 

Like the first book I had to read this book in one day... There was no stopping! I need to know what happened next. Also like the first book the author is very descriptive. You always feel like you are right there with the characters. (Hello book vacation.)

 

The beginning was following up with the first book. The next couple of chapters after that were a little slow, but not for long. Soon I was hooked again and sitting on the edge of my seat. By this point I am just as ready for Ethan to be saved too. I love when an author can portray characters feelings so well that you are right there with these characters.

 

My heart truly broke with Yolanda's. That was definitely an intense scene in this book. Love that Kim finally speaks her mind about how she feels about Derrick.

 

Now the crappy part... I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL 2014 until the next book comes out in this series. I am so eager to read the rest of this story. Hell hounds and Lucifer have now been mentioned and I can't way to see where the author takes us on this journey.

 

Rating:

 

 

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment