Wednesday, October 16, 2013

LISA'S REVIEW: The Art of Drowning (Frances Fyfield)

Title: The Art of Drowning

Author: Frances Fyfield

Format: ARC

Source: Harper Collins Witness Impulse

Published October 8th 2013 by Witness Impulse

ISBN13: 9780062300935

Summary:

A loner. A liar. A secret.

Let the games begin.

Accountant Rachel Doe leads a sheltered, beige-colored life… Until she meets Ivy, who is everything Rachel isn’t. Ivy is a wild child. She is charismatic and seductive, a charmer with tragedy in her past. The two women begin an intense and unexpected friendship.

But, as the intimacy between them escalates, Rachel is drawn deeper into the darkness that surrounds Ivy—and the secrets that hide there. In the bestselling tradition of Gone Girl and Reconstructing Amelia, this riveting psychological thriller.




(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)

Review:

This book was long and hard to read in the beginning. Had the beginning not been so drawn out I would have rated this book much better in my opinion. Once I got about half way through though I was hooked.

The mystery part was good but it was lacking good suspense until the end. After the halfway point I was enjoying the characters and the story itself. At that point I was desperate to know what would happen. The ending was ok.

 I would have preferred a more definite ending after all that happened. I liked that she left the son out of the tragedy. I was not expecting that type of show down in the end, so I really liked that. An interesting read by Fyfield.

Rating:
 
 
Check it out below
 

No comments:

Post a Comment