Monday, October 7, 2013

THE TWIN'S REVIEW: Featuring P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast in the House of Night Series





Title: Marked
 
Authors: P.C. Cast
               Kristen Cast
 
Series: House of Night
 
Format: Ebook
 
ASIN: B001VLXNLU 

Published April 1st 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin

Summary:

After a Vampire Tracker Marks her with a crescent moon on her forehead, 16-year-old Zoey Redbird enters the House of Night and learns that she is no average fledgling. She has been Marked as special by the vampyre Goddess Nyx and has affinities for all five elements: Air, Fire Water, Earth and Spirit. But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers. When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school’s most elite club, is mis-using her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny – with a little help from her new vampyre friends (or Nerd Herd, as Aphrodite calls them).

(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)

Review:

Leann:
I found this series when I was browsing. I was really reluctant to read it. I think I looked over it about five times before actually buying it. I am always reluctant to read a book about an area I know fairly well. It is hard to take modern ideas and places and turn them into fiction like this. However am I ever so glad I finally broke down and read this book. It is one of my favorite YA books now.

I love the idea of being marked. The intricate tattoos that form on your body are very intriguing idea. Having no tattoos myself I though it was quite interesting. What I loved even more were the characters. Zoey with her rich heritage and her friends that come from all places with loaded personalities. Love the "Nerd Herd."

I am curious to see where this series will take us and what adventures we will find. Its a great read and I would definitely recommend this book.

Lisa:
Leann suggested this book to me. I was very interest because I love the Tulsa area. As teens Leann and I had many adventures in Tulsa, so it was fun to read a book based in the area.

I love this book because of the twist to the vampire or vampyre world. I love the magic and the ties to the area. The whole book was a change of pace for me and I could not put it down. Zoey is a fun character that I enjoyed getting to know. I love Zoey's grandmother and her best friend Stevie Ray. All the characters are great and make for a unique read.

Aphrodite is the perfect High School villain and makes for great conflict. Eric is the perfect hear throb and also a great conflict creator. I love that it has typical High School drama mix into this world making this book so relatable. one of my favorite series. Could not put it down and was immediately ready to pick up the next.

 
 

 




                                    Rating:

 
 
 


 
 
 
 

 
   


 




Title: Betrayed
 
 
Authors: P.C. Cast
               Kristen Cast
 
Series: House of Night
 
ISBN13: 9780312360283
 
 
Published October 2nd 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin
 
Summary:
 
Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night.  She's come to terms with the vast powers the vampyre goddess, Nyx, has given her, and is getting a handle on being the new Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, Zoey finally feels like she belongs--like she really fits in. She actually has a boyfriend…or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey's old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world.

Review:

Lisa and Leann:

Another great book from the mother daughter duo. A must read for sure. It started out a little slower but once you are a few pages in you are hooked. So much happens in this book and in such a short time! So much conflict happens. This book has it all. Drama, love, conflict, tragedy, pain, magic, and of course vampyres. A lot of shocking changes happen. We don't want to give spoilers So we will do my best not to.

We Love Zoey and Stevie Rays friendship. The "twins crack us up. Zoes and Eric confus us a little but We love his character. Enemies become allies and Allies become enemies.

Many questions are brought up in this book, but it sets up the next book beautifully so no  complaints there. It is so great when authors prepare for the future of the series and hook you from the first pages for future outcomes. We loved this book. Could not put it down. We felt like we had to keep going so we would know what would happen with Zoey next. Cant wait to read on.

                    Rating:

 



 



       

 

                          &

 

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment