Tuesday, January 28, 2014

LEANN'S REVIEW: Circle of Fire (Keri Arthur) Damask Circle #1

Title: Circle of Fire

Author: Keri Arthur

Series: Damask Circle

Format: ARC

ASIN: B00EBRU00I

Published January 28th 2014 by Dell

Summary:

VISIONS OF TERROR

Sixteen teenagers taken from their homes. Eleven bodies recovered, each completely drained of blood. Some believe vampires are responsible. Jon Barnett knows that what’s happening is far worse. Sent by a group of paranormal investigators known as the Damask Circle, Jon quickly becomes enmeshed in a web of black magic and realizes he needs help. But fate gives him only one choice.

Madeline Smith has retreated to an isolated farmhouse, afraid of the abilities she cannot control—abilities that have killed. But when a “ghost” brings a warning of danger and her nephew goes missing, Maddie not only has to leave her haven, she has to place her trust in a man who is neither ghost nor human. As the noose of sorcery tightens, the search for the teenagers becomes a race against time. But the greatest danger to Maddie and Jon could be the intense feelings they refuse to acknowledge but cannot ignore.


(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)

Review:

Oh I just loved this story (and I know I sound like an old woman gushing over children), but wow! I can't believe how caught up I was. This book took me a little by surprise and I loved it! I was a little curious about the book but honestly just thought it would be another supernatural book like all the others. I was so wrong.

the story line was action packed and fun, yet holds plenty of mystery to continue the series. The characters were relatable and full of life. An all around great read. I loved Maddie's character. Her strong personality and tough back story really brought the story together. Pair her with Jon and its absolutely perfect. I also loved Mack. He doesn't feature too much in the story but when he does I love it!

One moment I was smiling at the humor behind the personalities of the characters and the next I was sitting on the edge of my seat desperate to know what happened next. I wish all reads surprised me and captured me the way this story did!

Rating:
 
 
 
Check it out on Amazon
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment