Sunday, February 2, 2014

LEANN'S REVIEW: A Double Feature- Hawaiian Crush Series 1 & 2 (E.L. Todd)

Title: Connected by the Sea

Author: E.L. Todd

Series: Hawaiian Crush

Format: ARC

Summary:


Sydney is attending University of Hawaii on Oahu where she's majoring in Marine Biology. She loves her friends, her job, and her school. Since her ex-boyfriend cheated on her six months ago, she hasn't moves onto anybody new yet. When Coen catches her eye, she's immediately attracted to him in a very carnal way. She refused to let herself feel that way because he's a heartbreaker just like her ex was. But when she's called to her professor's office because she's asked to tutor someone, she doesn't realize it's Coen. Will he convince her that he really is boyfriend material or will he turn out just as she suspects?




Review:


What a great read. I could not put this book down. I was really happy to find the ending to be so happy. I was on edge there for a little while. It is the perfect book to lead into a great new series. I loved the beach and animal theme. Being an animal lover myself I was super excited.


The characters have a lot of history that are clouding their future. I love Sydney and Coen is the perfect dream man for any girl. A great read and I can't wait to jump into the next story.



Rating:

 





 Title: Breaking Through the Waves


Author: E.L. Todd


Series: Hawaiian Crush #2


Format: ARC


Summary:

Sydney and Coen are ready to take the next step of their relationship. She knows she has to reveal her heartbreaking past to him. While some of it has been revealed, there is still more to the story. Will he stand by her side and help her through the ordeal, or will he turn his back, leaving her to deal with her issues?

Review:

Beautiful! That's the first thought that comes to mind. I am so caught up in this story I really don't know what to think or feel. I am on a bit of a book high. 

The characters continue to grow and the struggles they face get harder and harder. I loved the bit about the crazy ex-girlfriend. It was equally crazy and amazing at the same time. Not sure I would have reacted so well. :) 

The crazy family past is just dramatic. I also can't imagine living with that kind of past and fear. All in all, the crazy ex, the crazy family and a beautiful love all wrapped up into the fairytale ending I was hoping for! Just a beautiful read! 

Rating:

check it out on Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment