Sunday, March 16, 2014

LISA'S REVIEW: A Beautiful Mess (T.K. Leigh) Beautiful Mess #1

Title: A Beautiful Mess

Author: T.K. Leigh

Series: Beautiful Mess

Summary:

NEW CONTEMPORARY ROMANTIC SUSPENSE SERIES!

What happens when you lose everyone that promised they would always be there for you? How can you protect the few pieces of your shattered heart that remain?

Olivia Adler is a woman with a troubled past. After losing her parents at the young age of six and being raised by an uncle who she lost years later, she refuses to get attached to anyone, including friends. For the past decade, she has been able to remain unattached to any man, too worried about losing someone to get too close. Until Alexander Burnham walks into her life one night and changes everything. But he has issues of his own. And he’s keeping a secret that could turn Olivia's world upside-down. Will Olivia let Alexander in enough for him to get close and protect her from a force threatening her very existence, or will she push him away, scared of letting Alexander in, in order to protect her heart?

A Beautiful Mess is the first installment of a three part series sure to captivate the heart with a story of secrets, courage, and love.

Recommended for ages 18 and up due to sexual situations, language, and mild violence.


Review:

Omg, I have major mixed feelings going on. This book was amazing. I know it was super predictable but it was just one of those books that completely sucks you in. I laughed, I cried and I was pissed. Any book that can get that kinda reaction from me is a 5 star book.

 I don't want to give anything away, but  I love the blooming relationship between Olivia and Alex. I loved their characters both broken and but healing together. I also love the suspense written in as not the focus but important to the story. I have a love/hate relationship with cliffhangers. I love them because its a good way to get interest and set up the next part of a book. I hate them because it leaves me an emotional wreck waiting to see what happens next. That is where this book left me. Begging for more and angry at the decisions of Alex and especially Olivia Ugh! I need more so fantastic job Leigh. I am hooked!

Rating:
  

No comments:

Post a Comment