We would like to welcome Amanda Lance to the Holiday Event. We are excited to share her interview with you and let you get to know her a little better! Enjoy!
1. What is your favorite Holiday?
I’m always torn between Christmas and Halloween. Either way, I can watch The Nightmare Before Christmas justifiably. ;)
2. Of all the holiday food, what is your favorite?
Um, all of them? But I can’t get enough of green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, cornbread, and pumpkin roll. Like I said: all of them. haha
3. What is your favorite fall read?
I like reading a lot of horror during the fall. It gets me in the right mind set for Halloween and holiday family get-togethers. Classics from Jack Ketchum, Hubert Selby, Jr and a decent bottle of wine help me from shooting off at my family and the trick or’ treators.
4. What is your favorite winter read?
5. Do you like Christmas music?
Yes and no.
6. How early do you start to decorate for the holidays?
Black . It forces me to get out of bed.
7. Sexiest thing to wear this time of year...woman? man?
HAHA! I think it is ridiculously hot to see a guy in a peacoat and beanie.
8. What is your favorite holiday song?
The 12 Pains of Christmas
9. Have you been or are you ever inspired to write by the holidays?
Haha. In a way—the chaos/drama that happens at holiday parties/dinners always ends up getting recycled in my brain somehow.
10. What is your best holiday memory?
The Christmas I spent ALL day disappointed because I thought I didn’t get the bicycle I Santa for. But when I went to take the garbage in the garage, it was sitting there with a big red bow.
About the Author
A native of New Jersey and lifelong nerd, Amanda Lance recently completed her Master in Liberal Arts at Thomas Edison State College after her BA in English Literature and AFA in creative writing. As an avid reader of all genres, some of her favorite authors include Hemingway, Marquis de Sade, Stevenson, Bukowski and Radcliffe.
When she isn’t writing or reading, Amanda can found indulging in film noir or hiking with her other half and their extremely spoiled dog. She is obsessively working on her next book and trying to tame her caffeine addiction.