Monday, September 2, 2013

LEANN'S REVIEW: Beautiful Creatures (Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl)

Title: Beautiful Creatures

Authors: Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Format: Paperback

Published: September 14th 2010 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

ISBN13: 9780316077033

Source of copy: Bought at Hastings

Summary:

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.



(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)


Review:

I enjoyed this book. Being from the south I loved how the authors brought that life style and culture to life. While this is not the absolute best book I have ever read, I still enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend this book to other YA fans out there. I still found this book hard to put down and had to know what happened next in this love story.

What really got me on this book was the ending!!! Oh my.. I would be lying if I didn't say I was shocked! I love it when a book takes me by surprise. When it gets so intense that you can't help but rush to the store to get the next one.

Overall good book and a good read.



Rating:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment