Wednesday, September 4, 2013

LEANN'S REVIEW: Demonglass (Rachel Hawkins) Hex Hall #2

Title: Demonglass

Author: Rachel Hawkins

Format: Paperback

Series: Hex Hall

Published: February 7th 2012 by Disney-Hyperion

ISBN13: 9781423128441

Source of copy: Bought at Hastings

Summary:

The critics have spoken-this New York Times best-seller is "impossible to put down!" Teens and reviewers alike have fallen in love with Demonglass' humor, forbidden romance, suspense, and delicious paranormal fun.

Sophie Mercer thought she was a witch, which was why she was sent to Hex Hall, a reform school for delinquent Prodigium (aka witches, shapeshifters, and fairies). But that was before she discovered she's a demon, and her hot crush, Archer Cross, is an agent for The Eye, a group bent on wiping her kind off the face of the earth. What's worse, Sophie has powers that threaten the lives of everyone she loves. Which is why she decides to go to London for the Removal, a risky procedure that will either destroy her powers forever-or kill her. But once Sophie arrives, she makes a shocking discovery: someone is raising new demons in secret and planning to use their powers to destroy the world. Meanwhile, The Eye is set on hunting Sophie down, and they're using Acher to do it. But it's not like she has feelings for him anymore. Does she?


(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)


Review:


I was very indifferent to the first book in this series, however I feel like the author stepped it up for the second book. I found myself much more intrigued with the characters. The plot thickened. I couldn't seem to put this book down. I was desperate to figure out the mysteries of this novel.

Sophie's character stepped into that female lead that I craved so much in the first book. While this book is not quite a 5 star reputation I would definitely recommend this book to YA fans out there.

The cover of the book stayed with the same theme as the first. While I like the idea of the mirror personalities/life, I am not sure this cover quite captured the story within. I do enjoy however how the author ties the titles to the story within.

Overall, I believe this is a must read for YA readers out there. You will be sitting on the edge of your seat waiting to read the next installment of this series. I am happy to now be a Hex Hall fan.




Rating:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment