Tuesday, September 17, 2013

LEANN'S REVIEW: Insurgent (Veronica Roth) Divergent #2

Title: Insurgent

Author: Veronica Roth

Series: Divergent

Format: Hardback

Published May 1st 2012 by HarperCollins Children's Books

ISBN13: 9780007442911

Source of copy: Bought at Barnes and Noble

Summary:

One choice can transform you, or destroy you.

Every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves, and herself, while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.



(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)


Review:

I wasn't really sure where the author would take us in this second installment. It was hard for me to picture how this book would turn out. I loved the first book and couldn't wait to read the second. I was not disappointed!

I really did enjoy this book. It is definitely action packed. I was on the edge of my seat. I don't want to give to much away, but at moments I was heart broken. The choices and struggles of this book had me turning page after page as fast as I could. There is just so much going on in this book it is a little hard to wrap your head around. One of the better books I have read. I think I liked the first book better... But this book was a great follow up! Hard to pick really. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE THIRD INSTALLMENT OF THIS SERIES!

Rating:
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment