Thursday, September 5, 2013

LEANN'S REVIEW: Shadow of the Mark (Leigh Fallon) Carrier #2

Title: Shadow of the Mark

Author: Leigh Fallon

Format: Paperback

Series: Carrier

ISBN: 9780062128003

Published: July 9th 2013 by HarperTeen

Source of Copy: Bought at Barnes and Noble

Summary:

Their love could destroy them all.

Through the ages, Marked Ones have harnessed the powers of the four elements: Water, Fire, Earth, and Air. Much about the elements is shrouded in mystery, but one thing is certain: A relationship between two Marked Ones has the potential to cause widespread devastation.

Megan and Adam—Air and Water—are determined to defy the risks.

But the power that swirls inside Megan is growing in twisted ways. And the closer she is to Adam, the closer Megan comes to unleashing a dark force that could spell destruction for the entire Marked line.



(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)


Review:

I am having a hard time reviewing this book. I really enjoyed the first book and I liked this book as well. It was definitely worth the read. It just wasn't what I was expecting it to be. I guess I had already formed how I wanted this story to go and what answers I wanted out of this book and I didn't get them. BUT I should put that aside and review the book as if I hadn't pre-determined how I wanted the story to go.

The cover is basically exactly the same as the first, just a different color. I kind of like that. This book took a turn I didn't expect which is refreshing. Most books are very predictable and don't leave you contemplating how this will end. I can honestly say I have no idea.

I felt the first installment of this series had more action and this story had a bit more of the dramatic flare. Alone I may not be a fan of this book, but I do feel as a series this book complimented the first very nicely. Still a Carrier fan.

Overall I think you should check the book out. It's worth a read. So go getter YA fans.



Rating:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment