Sunday, October 27, 2013

LEANN'S REVIEW: Beside Your Heart (Mary Whitney) Beside Your Heart #1

Title: Beside Your Heart

Author: Mary Whitney

Series: Beside Your Heart

Format: Ebook

Source of copy: Literati Author Services

ISBN: 9781623420

Published June 17th 2013 by Omnific Publishing

Summary:

"It's an emotional story that will take the reader back to those feelings that made the late teen years such a powerful time."

Late one night Nicki Johnson plays with emotional fire and Googles her high school love, only to find his name splashed across the British gossip columns. Back in his native England, Adam Kincaid is successful and dating a woman from an aristocratic family like his own. With a career in politics, Nicki’s no slouch, but she knows Adam is living a world away from her life.

Yet there was a time he was no farther than the next locker. Nicki will never forget their year together in high school—the year of her sister’s death, the year her mother checked out. Adam helped Nicki through suffocating grief, and she led him through a coming of age. Was it just high school, or was it something more?

***The sequel, Disclosure of the Heart, is due out on November 5.***


(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)

Review:

First off let me say that I loved this book. It was great. However, after reading the first few chapters and realizing this book was going to be a flash back I was sad. It didn't take me long to get out of that funk though. I was completely immersed in the book and couldn't wait to see how it turned out.

All too often when I'm reading and an author throws me into a flash back, I am not excited. Many times it throws me off as a reader and it can happen too easily. I like a story to flow. I understand needing to grasp the past of a character. I personally feel like there are other was to get a characters past with out throwing in a random flash back. That being said...

This book was great. This was the perfect flash back situation. I loved the story and loved the characters. This history was a must for this story to be as perfect as it was. I was completely lost in the pages. I can NOT wait until the next installment. I must know what happens next.

Rating:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment