Wednesday, October 30, 2013

LEANN'S REVIEW: Twin Souls (DelSheree Gladden) Twin Souls Saga #1

Title: Twin Souls

Author: DelSheree Gladden

Series: Twin Souls Saga

Format: Ebook

ASIN: B004C43HI2

Published November 12th 2010 by createspace

Summary:


He avoids her because of the strange physical pain he feels when they touch. She avoids him because the way everyone seems to do what he says scares her. But when Claire needs to escape a bad situation Uriah is the first person she thinks of, and he is eager to rescue her. Faced with each other for the first time, both Uriah and Claire find it impossible to listen to their fears and stay away from one another. They soon find out, though, that there is more than they ever thought possible trying to keep them apart.


Following tradition the pair approaches the Elders of their Tewa tribe to ask permission to marry. Everyone is shocked when the shaman refuses them, claiming they are not Twin Souls. Confused and angry Uriah refuses to listen, and promises them that he will never abandon Claire. When Claire is poisoned by her vindictive father his resolve is tested. Ancient Native American myths and legends spring into reality, doing everything they can to keep Uriah from saving Claire’s life, while beginning to reveal the truth behind the lies he has been told all his life.

(Image and information courtesy of 
Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)
Review:

I bought this book with the thought that it might be about twins. I was disappointed in that sense... However I loved the story! The characters were well thought of and written beautifully. I really enjoyed this book.

I have now bought the next two books so that I can continue the love that I had for this first book. Hopefully I will pick them up soon. I loved the idea behind this story. It was very unique. I found myself completely wrapped up in the story line.

Uriah and Claire are great characters. I wanted them to fight beyond all means to be together. I am also very curious to see where Uriah's story leads next. I really liked the background and depth to this book. Looking forward to reading on.

Rating:
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely review! I'm so glad you enjoyed Twin Souls! If you're ever interested in reading the rest of the series I'd be happy to send you ebook copies of Shaxoa's Gift and Qaletaqa. Thank you again for taking the time to read and review Twin Souls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for writing a great story! Funnily enough I have already purchased both books soon after I read the first! I just need to read them :) Thank you though! It was wonderful!

      Delete