Sunday, October 6, 2013

LISA'S REVIEW: Emily's Quest (L.M. Montgomery) Emily of New Moon #3

Title: Emily's Quest

Author: L.M. Montgomery

Series: Emily of New Moon

Format: Paperback

ISBN13: 9780553264937

Published July 1st 1983 by Dell Laurel-Leaf

Summary:

Emily knows she's going to be a great writer.  She also knows that she and her childhood sweetheart, Teddy Kent, will conquer the world together.  But when Teddy leaves home to pursue his goal to become an artist at the School of Design in Montreal, Emily's world collapses.  With Teddy gone, Emily agrees to marry a man she doesn't love ... as she tries to banish all thoughts of Teddy.  In her heart, Emily must search for what being a writer really means....

(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)


Review:

The 3rd book in the series and the final one. I have loved these books since a child. Emily's life inspired me as well as the other characters in the series. I love the ups and downs, the friendships and the romances. I loved Teddy's character and the love with Emily but Dean is my favorite character. In fact I named my son after him and he is turning out to be just as sensitive and heroic as Dean's character.

I adore these books and can not wait to introduce my kids to them. I loved this whole series and recommend to all buy especially to mothers out there who want to get their girls into reading.

These books did it for me. My all time favorite series. I love that it is not all happiness but more real life. I also love the fact that it still gives you the ending you want but don't believe you will get. Great books.

Rating:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment