Monday, July 6, 2015

LISA'S REVIEW: Oliver and Jumpy (Werner Ktejskal)


These illustrated cat stories are all about “Oliver and Jumpy”, who are best of friends and experience many adventures together. Oliver is an elegant black tomcat, who is full of himself. As a matter of fact he says: “I love myself!”, quite often. Naughty, isn’t he? But his best friend Jumpy, a kangaroo lady, is aware that he has a soft heart and will always want to help others. The great thing is Jumpy’s pouch, which Oliver loves to ride in! He calls her his kangaroo taxi! These little bedtime stories with their lovely illustrations are great for small kids. A parent can read the text and tell the child in his own words. These animal stories have sufficient text to keep early readers happy and provide some educational value. Depending on your device, there is pop-up text (at Amazon) or audio available. Several talented illustrators are essential to bring these children's stories to you in quick succession. Love you all! Meow! Check out the Free INTRODUCTION TO THE SERIES to see how beautiful the illustrations are! Story 19: Santa's Chocolate Factory – Naughty Joey is getting into mischief. Story 20: Triller - One of Oliver's friends is taking part in a singing contest. Story 21: April Volcano – April Fools' Day can be no joke.


Review:
As a mom who reads all the time, I am always looking for books that will get my kids into reading. I was offered the chance to read these by the author and I am super excited that I was. I really enjoyed these 3 stories. Oliver and Jumpy are delightful characters. My kids loved them! I wound up reading this 2 times in a row to my daughter. She just loved them. I know that if my kids love them so will yours. They are definite must buy stories. I know I will be getting more of Oliver and Jumpy for my kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment