Thursday, September 26, 2013

LEANN'S REVIEW: Linger (Maggie Stiefvater) The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2

Title: Linger

Author: Maggie Stiefvater

Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls

Format: Hardback

Published July 13th 2010 by Scholastic Press

ISBN13: 9780545123280

Source of copy: Barnes and Noble

Summary:

The astonishing #1 New York Times bestseller.

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.


(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)

Review:

I love the cover of this book. It is perfect for the story within! Next... I love the story. With a market full of supernatural fiction out there it is hard to stand out. Stiefvater does the job. This book is unique and intriguing. This book picks up where the first left off and I love the new characters that are introduced into this book.

For Sam and Grace I want their relationship to make it through all the struggles that lay ahead. I love the world Stiefvater has created. I was completely wrapped up in the story. I also really like that the wolves are actually wolves and not hyped up or half man/half wolf.

So long story short... Maggie has done it again. I was hooked and couldn't stop reading. Did I like it better than Shiver? I honestly don't know. They complement each other so well. It was a good read. YA fans should definitely check it out!

Rating:
 


 

 



 

 
 

 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment